A downloadable game for Windows
In the search for your Beacon, new questions arise; just how many clones of Freja are there? How long has she been stuck in an infinite cycle of survival? How much of her humanity will be sacrificed before escaping?
- A Rich Multi-Faction World to Scavenge -- Enter at the Kovus Outlands, fight your way through the Overgrown Spires, and push through the pollution to the cryptic Omega Vault where your Beacon is being held. Collect mementos to discover the mysteries behind the 5 Factions on Kovus-18, find Tinkered Weapon Variants left behind by previous clones, and track your secrets discovered at the end of each level.
- 100+ Mutations and 5 DNA Types -- Collect DNA from deceased enemies and alter your statistics after death. Gain new abilities with each new clone and alter your character into something not quite human.
- 300+ Items Spread Across 5 Item Types -- Find your favorite arsenal from unique technologies spread across the various factions. Regain an advantage with one time use Pickups, activate your reusable Auxiliary, swap your Grenade Mod, stock up on Passive Mods, and choose your 2 favorite Weapons.
- 100+ Enemies with Champion Variants -- The varied factions that inhabit Kovus-18 will fight each other as well as you, including hybrid Minibosses that mix together the abilities of multiple factions.
- 15+ Boss Fights -- Face off against the ultimate lifeforms of each faction including the Solus Hivemind, Prism Mainframe, and Tritoraptor Matriarch.
DNA is the core of Beacon’s gameplay loop. Through the use of Freja’s state-of-the-art Clone Bay and DNA dropped by deceased enemies, after death you’re given the opportunity to alter your genetic makeup and change your statistics before your fresh clone is ‘printed’ back at the crash site. Each faction has their own set of unique DNA and Mutations, allowing you to become a battle-hardened mass of metal, a luminous abomination of insect flesh, or anything in between!
The planet you've crashed on is unfamiliar. The only information available is its name – Kovus-18. The rest of the record is blank. It seems that either nothing is known about it, or whatever was known has been scrubbed from the database. Multiple factions populate its surface, each seemingly at war with the others, and all of them hostile to the planet's newest inhabitant… you.
Having grown up in the backwaters of civilised space, Freja always dreamed of adventure. Enrolling in the military at a young age she quickly discovered both her natural abilities for combat and piloting spacecraft, and her inability to work within the strict regimen of the armed forces. Freja lives and works aboard her ship the Ouroboros – a single-berth, heavily-modified light spacecraft that boasts state-of-the-art weaponry and facilities.
|Release date||Apr 30, 2018|
|Made with||Adobe Photoshop, Unity, Maya, 3ds Max|
|Tags||Female Protagonist, Isometric, Low-poly, Roguelike, Roguelite, Sci-fi, Singleplayer, Twin Stick Shooter, Unity|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller, Playstation controller|
|Accessibility||Configurable controls, Interactive tutorial|
|Links||Steam, Website, Twitter, Steam|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $19.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- Beacon 3.1194 days ago
- Beacon 3.1 - Ruined ProspectsApr 30, 2022
- Beacon 2022 RoadmapMar 12, 2022
- Beacon 3.04Jan 28, 2022
- Beacon 3.03Jan 15, 2022
- Beacon 3.02Dec 31, 2021
- Beacon 3.01Dec 21, 2021
- Beacon Release PatchDec 15, 2021