A downloadable game for Windows
Beacon follows the journey of space privateer, Freja Akiyama, on her endless search for her crashed ship’s emergency distress beacon. In your search you’ll not only find weapons and items to help you; you’ll also be collecting DNA from the enemies you defeat. When you inevitably die, you’re given the opportunity to integrate the DNA you've collected into your genome, allowing you to alter your statistics and gain gameplay-altering physical mutations for your next clone's life.
In the search for the Beacon, new questions arise; just how many clones of Freja are there? How long has she been stuck in an infinite cycle of survival? How much of her humanity will be sacrificed before escaping?
- 5 Randomly Generated Levels -- Enter at the outer forest, fight your way through the tropical swamps, and push through the pollution to the cryptic Prism Vault where your Beacon is being held
- A rich multi-faction world to scavenge -- Discover the mysteries behind the planet Kovus 18, find tinkered Weapon Variants left behind by previous clones, and track your percentage of secrets found at the end of each level
- 75+ Mutations -- Gain new abilities with each death and alter your character into something not quite human
- 50+ Enemies with 8 Champion Variants -- The varied factions that inhabit Kovus 18 will fight each other as well as you
- 75+ Weapons -- Spread across 5 factions each with their own unique technologies
- 125+ Items Spread Across 4 Item Types -- Regain an advantage with one time use Pickups, activate your re-useable Auxiliary, swap your Grenade Mod, and stock up on Passive Mods
- 8 Unique Weather Types with Storm Events -- Avoid or make use of Hailshards, Tesla Storms, and Polluted Tornadoes
- 3 Act 1 Boss Fights -- Including the Solus Hivemind and Excavation Spider
DNA is the core of Beacon’s gameplay loop. Through the use of Freja’s state-of-the-art Clone Bay and DNA dropped by deceased enemies, upon death you’re given the opportunity to alter your genetic makeup, changing your statistics before a fresh clone is ‘printed’ back at the beginning of the game. Each faction has their own set of unique DNA and mutations, allowing you to become a battle-hardened mass of metal, a luminous abomination of insect flesh, or anything inbetween.
The planet you've crashed on is unfamiliar. The only information available is its name – Kovus-18 – as it flashes up on your Visorsys OS; the rest of the record is blank. It seems that either nothing is known about it, or whatever was known has been scrubbed from the database. Multiple factions populate its surface, each seemingly at war with the others, and all of them hostile to the planet's newest inhabitant… you.
In Beacon, you play as Freja Akiyama. Having grown up in the backwaters of civilised space, Freja always dreamed of adventure. Enrolling in the military at a young age, she quickly discovered both her natural abilities for combat and piloting spacecraft, and her inability to work within the strict regimen of the armed forces. Freja lives and works aboard her ship, the Ouroboros – a single-berth, heavily-modified light spacecraft that boasts state-of-the-art weaponry and facilities.
|Updated||28 days ago|
|Release date||Apr 30, 2018|
|Made with||Unity, 3ds Max, Maya, Adobe Photoshop|
|Tags||Female Protagonist, Isometric, Low-poly, Roguelike, Roguelite, Sci-fi, Singleplayer, Twin Stick Shooter, Unity|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller|
|Accessibility||Configurable controls, Interactive tutorial|
|Links||Steam, Website, Twitter, Steam|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $19.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- Beacon 2.5 - Pathfinder28 days ago
- Beacon Patch 2.485 days ago
- Beacon Patch 2.32Sep 14, 2019
- Beacon Patch 2.31Sep 02, 2019
- Beacon Patch 2.3Aug 19, 2019
- Beacon Patch 2.22Jul 18, 2019
- Beacon Patch 2.21Jul 02, 2019
- Blighted Stars Patch 2.2Jun 25, 2019