A downloadable game for Windows
Beacon follows the journey of interstellar mercenary Freja Akiyama, stuck in an endless search for her distress beacon after crash landing onto an unknown planet. With her Clone Bay stuck in an automatic printing cycle, death is only a minor setback. Each life you’ll not only find weapons and items to help you; you’ll also be collecting DNA from the enemies you defeat. After your inevitable death you’re given the opportunity to alter your genome, allowing you to change your statistics and gain gameplay-altering physical mutations for your next clone's life.
In the search for your Beacon, new questions arise; just how many clones of Freja are there? How long has she been stuck in an infinite cycle of survival? How much of her humanity will be sacrificed before escaping?
Beacon is currently in Early Access, with the complete game (Patch 3.0) releasing in early 2021!
- 6 Randomly Generated Levels -- Enter at the outer forest, fight your way through the tropical swamps, and push through the pollution to the cryptic Omega Vault where your Beacon is being held!
- A rich multi-faction world to explore -- Collect mementos to discover the mysteries behind the 5 Factions on Kovus-18, find Tinkered Weapon Variants left behind by previous clones, and track your percentage of secrets discovered at the end of each level!
- 80+ Mutations -- Gain new abilities with each death and alter your character into something not quite human.
- 60+ Enemies with 8 Champion Variants -- The varied factions that inhabit Kovus 18 will fight each other as well as you
- 110+ Weapons -- Spread across 5 factions each with their own unique technologies.
- 160+ Items Spread Across 4 Item Types -- Regain an advantage with one time use Pickups, activate your reusable Auxiliary, swap your Grenade Mod, and stock up on Passive Mods!
- 10+ Unique Weather Types with Storm Events -- Avoid or make use of Hailshards, Tesla Storms, and Polluted Tornadoes.
- 10+ Boss Fights -- Including the Solus Hivemind, Excavation Spider, and Tritoraptor Matriarch.
DNA is the core of Beacon’s gameplay loop. Through the use of Freja’s state-of-the-art Clone Bay and DNA dropped by deceased enemies, after death you’re given the opportunity to alter your genetic makeup and change your statistics before a fresh clone is ‘printed’ back at the beginning of the game. Each faction has their own set of unique DNA and Mutations, allowing you to become a battle-hardened mass of metal, a luminous abomination of insect flesh, or anything in between.
The planet you've crashed on is unfamiliar. The only information available is its name – Kovus-18. The rest of the record is blank. It seems that either nothing is known about it, or whatever was known has been scrubbed from the database. Multiple factions populate its surface, each seemingly at war with the others, and all of them hostile to the planet's newest inhabitant… you.
In Beacon, you play as Freja Akiyama. Having grown up in the backwaters of civilised space, Freja always dreamed of adventure. Enrolling in the military at a young age, she quickly discovered both her natural abilities for combat and piloting spacecraft, and her inability to work within the strict regimen of the armed forces. Freja lives and works aboard her ship, the Ouroboros – a single-berth, heavily-modified light spacecraft that boasts state-of-the-art weaponry and facilities.
|Release date||Apr 30, 2018|
|Made with||Unity, 3ds Max, Maya, Adobe Photoshop|
|Tags||Female Protagonist, Isometric, Low-poly, Roguelike, Roguelite, Sci-fi, Singleplayer, Twin Stick Shooter, Unity|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller, Playstation controller|
|Accessibility||Configurable controls, Interactive tutorial|
|Links||Steam, Website, Twitter, Steam|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $19.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- Beacon 2.93AApr 09, 2021
- Beacon 2.92Mar 19, 2021
- Beacon 2.91Jan 19, 2021
- Beacon 2.9 - Last VestigesDec 29, 2020
- Beacon 2.81Oct 28, 2020
- Beacon 2.8 - Silent SanctumOct 14, 2020
- Beacon 2.72Aug 03, 2020
- Beacon 2.71Jul 30, 2020