Beacon Patch 1.7A Cascading Protocols
Beacon content patch 1.7A is released, adding 3 new large tier Prism enemies, fresh Level 4 content, and new DNA Skill Mods.
Cascading Protocols Content
- Tesla MK3 Droid - The top of the line in Prism Tesla technology, the MK3 droid fires a burst of tesla pulse balls while occasionally riding an artificial lightning strike to reposition. If near enough to the player, the MK3 Tesla Droid can also summon a Tesla dome that traps you in as it zaps anything trapped inside.
- Tesla Spider - A large tier spider droid enemy that makes use of a rapid firing tesla beams in its main attack, the Tesla Spider can also shield itself and call down an artificially generated tesla storm.
- Pyro Spider - Another variant on the spider line of droids, it launches a barrage of flame balls from its pyro engine head and calls down a group of automated pyro pods when shielded.
- Champion Mod: Pyro Energy - Prism enemies affected will explode into a large flame wave when killed
- Prism Drone: Excavation Drone - A new Prism automated enemy drone that fires a mining laser occasionally.
New DNA and Stat updates
- Skill Mods - Each piece of Paramount DNA now has a bonus skill applied
- +2 Grenade Containers
- +50% Reduced Auxiliary Regen
- x2 Pickup Duration
- x2 Increased Stamina Regen
- -50% Melee Stamina Cost
- -50% Dodge Stamina Cost
- x2 Reload Speed
- Critical DNA - When a piece has over 100 reached on a stat its status will become critical and it will be removed after the following life. If a mutation is present on the critical DNA, its mutation life will be set to 1.
- New DNA Mod: Add Random Stat
- New DNA Mod: Remove Random Stat
- Stat Updates
- Speed, Resistance, Critical Hit, and Luck now all start at 100 base instead of 50
- Speed, Resistance, Critical Hit, and Luck max raised to 300 from 200
- Minimum Health and Stamina raised to 25 from 10
- New Level 4 Landmark - Containment Headquarters Landmark added, housing top of the line Prism automated defenses.
- 10+ new Level 4 cap/intro tiles added - expanding the randomization of Level 4 and giving more loot to collect at the outer sections of the map.
- 3 new Act 2 Prism Loot zones added - scale a randomized Prism fortress spire to collect a fresh piece of equipment.
- 5+ new Act 1 trap tiles added - introducing the new line of Prism droids into Act 1 and updating older tiles with their new technologies.
- New Secret: Weapon Ship - Send one of your current weapons back to your base camp to give it to your next clone.
- Pickup: Mega Satellite Strike - The Mega Satellite Strike is a unique opportunity to redirect every mining laser within range to your designated location, combining their strength into a single incredible sustained blast that has to be seen to be believed.
- Passive: Excavation Drone - Designed with the private prospector in mind, the PRISM Mining Drone is the latest in our line of personal autonomous craft. Orbiting its user, the drone emits a powerful mining laser at regular intervals.
- Auxiliary: Pyro Pod - Split out from work in our robotics department, the standalone Flame Pod is the ideal fire-and-forget support drop against biological targets. Just one button press, and a fire-spewing stationary platform will drop from the sky to support your endeavours.
- Auxiliary: Tesla Strike - With a single press, call down the power of the gods.Tesla Strike is accurate to within a couple of feet, allowing a deadly spear of electricity to be summoned.
- Grenade: Pyro Grenade - While lacking the explosive power of some alternatives, the Pyro grenade is simply unparallelled at incinerating biological targets.
- Weapon: Tesla Pistol - A predecessor of the PRISM Tesla Pistol originally appeared as part of our non-lethal home security range. Reluctant to let good engineering go to waste, however, the Tesla Pistol was retooled. What was once a powerful deterrent became a permanent one.
- Weapon Variant: Thunderball - Fires a mini-SFG ball on critical shot.
- Weapon: Pyro SMG - By combining the rapid-fire SMG shots with the adherent flammable gel found in our Pyro range, we have created an extremely effective anti-personnel weapon that causes both initial impact trauma and lasting incendiary damage as the projectile ignites its target.
- Weapon Variant: Matchmaker - Fires a flame cannon projectile on the final bullet.
- Pyro Tank - Your spine hardens and solidifies into a single metal rod, to better support the fuel tank being welded permanently onto your back. When damaged it sometimes spurts a burst of flame outwards.
- Tesla Spinal Link - Splitting open your back like tissue paper, a row of electromagnetic coils to emerge into the air, humming and sparking with energy. When you feel pain they sometimes send a jolt of electricity back at your attacker without any effort from you.
- Sonic Cannon - You give up your left hand in favour of permanently grafting a sonic cannon arm in its place, allowing you to fire a sonic shot in place of a standard melee attack.
- 10 new Prism comm logs added - giving a glimpse into the past of the employees present on the planet.
- Base DNA stat ranges updated: Positive 10-16 Negative 12-20
- Volatile DNA stat ranges updated: Positive 12-20 Negative 16-30
- Fortified DNA stat ranges updated: Positive 16-24
- Paramount DNA stat ranges changed: Positive 20-30 Negative 16-26
- Dodge base stamina cost lowered to 25, now 4 dodges at base stamina
- Flauros Aphelion sacks now have a chance to drop health shards when dropped
- Reduced DNA Mod drop chance from medium enemies
- Paramount DNA now has a chance to drop from Large enemies
- Paramount DNA now drops 100% 1 piece from Act 1 Bosses
- Champion Mod: Tesla Energy - Removed tesla explosion on enemy death
- Updated Armor values on enemy subfactions
- Prism Security Enemies - Resistant to Physical and weak to Acid
- Prism Pyro enemies - Resistant to Fire and weak to Explosive
- Prism Tesla enemies - Resistant to Tesla and weak to Physical
- Prism Spider enemies - Resistant to Physical and Explosive
- Solus Light enemies - Resistant to Sonic and weak to Fire
- Solus Acid enemies - Resistant to Acid and weak to Sonic
- Solus Quill enemies - Resistant to Explosive and weak to Tesla
- Native enemies - Resistant to Physical and weak to Explosive and Fire
- Auxiliary: Bonespike - Increased bonespike size and damage radius
- Weapon: Magrail Blaster/Revolver - Lowered mini-magrail ball impact damage and raised explosion damage
- Mutation: Bloated Sack - Lowered initial jump boost, increased vertical float speed
- Mutation: Telemite Maw - Reduced lifesteal on crit amount to 10%
- Enemy: Prism Embedded Turrets - Increased wake up and attack range on all embedded turret variants.
- Health: Fruit - Heal from eating Fruit reduced
- Updated Level 1 End/Level2 Start tiles
- Updated Act 1 Prism Loot Containment and Shipping variants
- Level 4 water terrain pass #2
- Level 2 Flauros Dimension - Replaced floating island travel variant with a new less annoying teleport variant
- Updated and improved Flauros Aphelion boss movement and attack sounds
- Added color fill on Auxiliary icon that matches the recharge time
- Added remaining life indicator for mutations on Tab Genome screen
- Fixed AO option not working correctly
- Fixed drones clipping into walls when orbiting
- Fixed moving platforms causing legs to jitter when riding
- Fixed droids walking through Shipping Container walls when spawned inside
- Fixed Rotspore enemy mounds exploding loot off of cliffs (Now throws towards player)
- Optimized Tritoraptor Nest egg break setup
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.